That's what I'm kind of going to become. I have been hired by our church's Children's Day Out program. I will be working on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 to around 3:00. The best part is that Michael gets to go with me and his tuition is included in my salary. It's not going to pay much, but it'll get me out of the house two days a week and it'll help me to meet other stay-at-home moms with babies around the same age. Can you say lunch/play dates? I will be working with basically one year olds. They put in some strange month things that the kids have to meet to be in my classroom. I am VERY excited about this new adventure. Michael and I went to the church today and saw both of our classrooms. Michael's schedule will be very relaxed but they have activities planned for him in his room. My aid has written our schedule since I won't be able to start for a few more weeks. (Our pediatrician wants Michael to be 2 months old before he went to daycare or into the church nursery.) I met a few of the ladies that I will be working with but haven't met the one that I will be working with in my room. The director seems to be incredibly nice as did the other ladies I met this morning. Just thought I'd share my exciting news for the day. I'll update everyone on this new aspect once I get started.
By the way, tomorrow (Tuesday) could be very interesting. I have to take Asia for her yearly visit to the vet. This will be my first time to try to manage both Asia and Michael. Can't wait for that adventure too.
5 comments:
Good luck with the vet visit!! I wish I got home before 10 everynight so I could call my friends and have an adult conversation! Miss you, Michael and Aaron.
I just wanted to leave a quick note to say hi to Aaron! This is Holly Lister (now Holly Draper) from Tech. I am so excited for you and your new baby! We have a 10 month old, and they just get more and more fun every day. Shoot me an e-mail sometime (holly.draper@hotmail.com) or check out my blog http://draperdigest08@blogspot.com.
I meant to say http://draperdigest08.blogspot.com
Wow, that's great! So many moms would love to have an opportunity like that. Good luck with Asia :-)
Post a Comment