So yesterday my hips and lower back started killing me. I didn't think a whole lot about it. When they were still killing me at 2 a.m. after taking care of Michael, I decided to take my temp. It was 100.7. I thought to myself "Oh no. Surely not." I took off my bra and sure enough I'm looking sunburned again with out ever seeing the sun. That's right the mastitis is back. For those of you counting, this is breast infection number 3. The doctor was sure to tell me that the women who do get this infection only get it once. He can't understand how not only did I have it in both breasts before, which is rare in itself, but I also get to fall into another rare category of women that get it more than once. Fabulous!! Let me describe to you how bad this infection makes you feel. Think about the worst flu you've ever had and that would be about how I feel now. Your joints ache, your head hurts, you run fever, etc... Hopefully we caught it soon enough this time that I won't run as high a fever as I did last time. Needless to say after this infection is gone, I am done with breastfeeding. The doctor told me to start pumping less frequently so that my production rate will slow. He also couldn't believe all the issues I've had since giving birth. He and I both believe that the 8 weeks of bedrest was easier than this.
Anyway, I'm going to see if the little one will let me take a nap this afternoon. See ya!!
No comments:
Post a Comment