Friday, September 19, 2008

Whew!!

That's what we'll be saying by the time Wednesday next week gets here. We have a busy weekend ahead along with a busy first two days of the week.

Tomorrow is Michael's shower in Brownfield and Alumi Day for the Goin' Band. We're both very excited about seeing people that we only get to see and play catch up with at this event every year. Yeah for seeing friends!! The bonus this year is that we get to show off Michael to everyone. We are not going to try to brave the football game with him though. My mom and dad are going to meet us on campus to pick him up at some point tomorrow afternoon. We both feel he's still too little to go to any of the games. Plus we sit on the East side of the stadium so he would get way too much sun and it can get way too hot for him.

Monday Michael will be two months old!! It's hard to believe that two months have passed since our precious baby boy made his grand appearance. He will go in for his first real well baby check on Monday morning. Along with that visit he will get his first set of immunizations. :( He will get something like 5 different shots Monday morning. Needless to say, I am dreading Monday. I worry about the whole process and pray that we don't have any side effects from it. A friend of ours here in Midland, her little boy had a pretty severe reation to his first set of shots. He became unresponsive that night after his shots and couldn't be woke up for one of his feedings. He and Michael were both born prematurly and Michael only weighed 3 ounces more than Cooper when they were born. I know it's dumb to worry about things you have no control over, but I'm a mommy and I worry about my little boy.

Tuesday is another big day for Michael and I. I start my new job at the church with Children's Day Out and Michael will start Children's Day Out. We are both going to hopefully make lots of new friends. I'm very lucky and blessed to have a part-time job that 1) I can do what I love and work with children and 2) take my child to work with me. He will be in the room next door to my classroom. Aaron was joking last night that I'd probably be able to pick him out crying he's going to be so close to me.

If everything goes ok on Monday, I will do my best to post some pictures of Michael. I will also do my best to let ya'll know how the doctor's appointment goes and how both of our first day of school went.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Hope to see some of you over the weekend!!

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!