Unfortunately this Friday required another trip to the pediatrician. It wasn't just for a weight check this week. By the way, he weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. YEAH FOR A GROWING BABY!! I called to make the appointment after being up with him all night. He woke up at 1:30 that morning and wouldn't even think about sleep until 1 that afternoon. We finally got a few answers to his fussiness and gasiness. It turns out that he has more than colic, he has reflux. He got his Daddy's and Granny's stomach!! We have switched his formula to a soy base instead of milk since I couldn't tolerate the milk base and we are going to out him on Prilosec. I say going to because it has to be compounded for him and we can't pick it up until tomorrow, Monday, evening late. Say a little prayer and keep your fingers crossed that Michael and us can have some relief.
We had several firsts this weekend. Aaron and I both decided we were too tired to cook dinner Friday night, so we called our friends Amber and Daryl and met them at Abuelo's. It was Michael's first restaurant visit and he was a perfect angel. It was his dinner time too, so I fed him while we waited on our table and he slept the whole time we ate. It was wonderful to get out with friends and have a meal. I REALLY enjoyed finally being able to have Mexican food. I had to be very careful about what I ate because it would upset Michael's tummy. Well since he can't have my milk right now due to the antibiotic I'm on I finally got to have something a little on the spicy side. Michael also made his first trip to Sam's today. He was so impressed he slept through the whole thing.
I am feeling better and it helps to see the light at the end of the tunnel with breast feeding. It has been such a chore and my body has been through so much that it's a little bittersweet to finally see an end to it all. I hate that I'm not going to be able to provide nourishment to Michael anymore, but if I can't stay healthy, then I am no good to him as a mother and no good to Aaron as a wife.
Well I have a barking dog and baby that is now awake because of it. Crazy Asia!! Gotta run!!
1 comment:
I hope that the medicine helps and that you can get it as soon as possible. Also, I'm glad to hear that you guys made it out to eat and that little man let you enjoy it. Hope to continue to hear positive updates!
Post a Comment