Monday, September 29, 2008
Sentimental Journey
Aaron decided Saturday night that we needed to have a fancy/expensive dinner. He went to HEB and gathered up all the groceries while I stayed home and kept and eye on Michael. One of the things he bought at the grocery store was two different types of Shiner. One of them is called Shiner Black. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I always ask to try a sip to see if it on the off chance be something I like. I took a sip of this beer and was transformed back to November 17, 2003. For those of you who don't know that date, that's the night that Adam and Jess introduced the two of us. Hub City had a special stout that they were making just for the Fall and Winter seasons. It was an espresso stout. Aaron gave me a sip of his stout that night and I actually drank a whole one later on that night. It was the first time in 5 years that I've tasted a beer that tasted like what we drank that night. I looked at Aaron Saturday night and teared up when I told him that it tasted just like what we drank at Hub City 5 years ago. I had already poured me a glass of wine or I would've sat down and drank that stout with him. Maybe one night this week he and I can do just that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think the most sentimental value I have placed in a shiner product is a soup called shiner cheddar that my old work used to serve in their cafeteria. Truly an AMAZING soup!!
I think your story trumps mine though.
AWWWW! What a good night and good phone call!! Glad that from that one night you guys have began tos hare a wonderful life together and have Michael as a symbol of your love! I love both of you guys and am so glad I made the phone call that night!!!
Post a Comment