I thought everyone could use a laugh at what all transpired at the vet's office yesterday.
It started with us walking into the vet's office and Asia trying to take on a lab about twice her. Here's the picture, me with Michael in his car seat in one hand, Asia's leash in the other. I literally had to put Michael down to get Asia under control. We then get inside and we were ok for a little while. Then someone had the audacity to open the front door. The front door has a bell that rings when it is opened. Asia felt the need to bark and growl every stinking time the door was opened. We then get to sit down. Asia tries to get in my lap. After I tell her no and get her down, she then proceeds to try to crawl under my chair and hide. All this time she's still barking and growling when the front door is open. Somewhere in the middle of all this craziness I call Aaron and tell him that I will not take both the baby and dog to the vet again. It was way to much to try to handle. It doesn't help that Michael is awake during all this and starting to get fussy. The bad thing there is that I can't do anything about him because I am having to use both hands to restrain Asia. One hand is holding her leash, the other is firmly gripping her collar. The tech finally comes to get Asia who now will not move unless Michael and I go with her. I have to walk over to the scale which was a whopping two steps away from where we were sitting. Then they get ready to take her to the back to do lab work. I have to walk her to the door and really thought I was going to have to go to the back with her because she refuses to leave Michael and my side. The techs and vet decide then that because she is being so protective of the baby and I that they will do her entire exam in the back to try to ease any extra anxiety. They bring her back to the room where I am and the first thing she does is run over to the carrier and makes sure that Michael is still there and ok. Thankfully he is now asleep at this time or all her licking would've upset him. The good news is that Miss Priss is perfectly happy and we don't have to go back for another year. We normally have to go back in 6 months for her kennel cough shot, but they gave her something new this year and it doesn't have to have a booster like the shot does.
Hope this makes you laugh as much as it did Aaron and I last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment