Michael just celebrated his first Thanksgiving. He really had no clue as to what all was going on other than there were a lot of people there that wanted to play with him. He got a little cranky and slept (thankfully) through most of lunch. I think he woke up just in time for dessert. He started on oatmeal Thanksgiving day so that was his big meal. Next year he'll actually get to eat most of what we all have on our plate. That's very scary to think about!! Actually it's not that scary to think about but more amazes me how fast they grow and change.
Michael REALLY took to his Uncle Paul. He would just sit and look at Paul, then smile and giggle at him. Paul really didn't have to do anything but sit and talk to him. We all wondered if Michael liked his hair and that's what amused him so much. Paul has more hair than anyone Michael's probably ever seen except for maybe his Aunt Ashli. Michael also enjoyed his Aunt Ashli. Everytime Michael got cranky I'd give Ash a hard time about it being her turn to have a baby and didn't watching him scream just make her want to run out and have one. It's kind of nice to be able to do that in person. Michael really didn't scream all that much but he's really developing a temper. Must be that red hair.
We also had our family Christmas on Friday. With Ash in Virginia and Paul in Pennsylvania, this was our one chance as a whole family to be able to celebrate. Michael loves the toy that Ashli and Paul got him. It's a ball that he can already manipulate. It makes noise which he loves to hear. He has figured out that if he hits the ball, he can hear the noise. It's amazing that he's starting to put those things together. He even reached out Friday afternoon and tried to "pet" Mitzi. It would've been more like hit Mitzi since he doesn't have that much control over his hands. Those were the first few times we've actually seen him reach for something that he meant to not just on accident. Michael also got some new pajamas and a few new outfits. Most of them have a Christmas theme to them. He got a couple of toys from Nana and Grand B but he'll need to be sitting to really enjoy them.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm glad it's behind us so we can bring on Christmas. I am soooooo excited about Christmas!! We're decorating the tree tonight. Michael already sits and stares at it. I can't wait to see what he does once we get all the shiny decorations on it.
Well I've got a dusty house to clean. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
1 comment:
I didn't realize Ashli and Paul were coming, that's so exciting! Any pictures? Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment