Sunday, December 21, 2008

RSV: Day 4

Yesterday was a pretty long day of Aaron and I worrying about our little guy. He only took the equivalent of two bottle to eat. That bothered us because they told us to keep him "well hydrated". We didn't feel that 12 ounces of formula was "well hydrated." Aaron went and bought him some grape Pedialyte hoping that he would drink it. The first time he had it I gave it to him through his big 10 ml medicine syringe. He didn't want to suck on a bottle so that's what we did. I was able to get another ounce or so in him. At 9 we checked his temp and once again we were on the phone with the doctor because we were at 102.3. She told us to start alternating Tylenol and Motrin. Michael felt cool to us at 11 so we skipped his dosage then and waited until 1. Aaron gave Michael his Motrin then and also got him to drink 2 ounces of Pedialyte and 4 ounces of formula. At 3, he had his breathing treatment and another 2 1/2 ounces of formula. But here's the best part of the 3 a.m. breathing treatment, we check his temp and it was 99.0!! YEAH!! He's still asleep this morning and has slept since 3. We're hoping for a better day today. We're hoping maybe we're through the worst of it (knocking on wood as I type this) and that he's going to start feeling better very soon.

No comments: