Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last RSV Post

With all that is going on, I totally forgot to recognize on here that my little angel turned 5 months old yesterday. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. It's amazing how much he's doing now. He's trying really hard to sit on his own and did last night for about 10 seconds without help. Of course I got excited!! I know it's only a small amount of time, but it's an improvement!!

As for the RSV, I think we've finally got it beaten. He feels like he's not running a fever today. No I'm not going to check. That poor little boy has been violated enough over the last several days. As long as he doesn't feel warm to me, I'm not checking. Yesterday I checked twice and his fever never got over 99.7 a vast improvment over the weekend. He's still coughing. Not as much as he was before but it's still there. We will be doing breathing treatments until the cough is completely gone. He's still got a stuffy nose, but not anywhere like it's been. In fact, when I went to suck it out this morning I got nothing. It was pretty crusty but I couldn't get anything out of it. He's appetite is showing signs of coming back. Last night he had his first 7 ounce bottle since Thursday last week. However this morning he only had 3 ounces. I'm hoping that by spacing his feedings out again he'll start to eat a little more.

Now about my second blog yesterday. I'm still irritated if not a little more than yesterday. I've found out about a third child that is showing symptoms of RSV last night. There was a way to prevent all of this and it didn't happen. I'm still working on not being angry and trying to put my energy else where. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm just thankful that Michael has come through it and am praying for the other two little boys one of which is older than Michael by two months but is smaller by a pound or two. Those two mothers are just starting the process and have had their Christmas plans completely derailed. One of them has a new neice that she doesn't get to see. I feel her pain on that one except she's already gotten to see the baby since the live here. We haven't gotten to love on Levi at all in the two whole weeks he's been here. The other mother can't go over to where they were planning on having Christmas due to the other children that will be there. One of them is incredible angry and bitter about the whole situation. The other is taking it with a grain of salt. It's funny how I'm somewhere in between.

Today Erin and Colby are coming to see us!! YEAH!! Tomorrow the Piers will be here!! YEAH!! The day after will be Michael's VERY first Christmas ever!! YEAH!! We have a lot to be thankful for right now and a lot to celebrate on Christmas day. Gotta run finish getting ready for all the visitors were about to have.

No comments: