Monday, December 22, 2008

RSV: Day 5

Yesterday was a great day!!  Michael's fever stayed relatively low.  It stayed in the 100 range and never got over 101.  He was a pretty happy baby all day.  We saw glimpses of the Michael that we all know and love.  He slept more than he has in the last several days which I was happy about.  The more he sleeps the quicker he builds up strength and gets better.  I was able to get LOTS of stuff done yesterday.  Our house actually has some symblance of clean which it hasn't had in days.

This morning he woke up a happy boy!!  I haven't checked his temp yet today because he feels cooler than he did yesterday.  I don't want to violate him again unless I absolutely have to.  The doctor has told us that a low grade fever is fine because it will help fight off the virus.  He's down for a nap now so hopefully I can get a few more things done around the house to get ready for the Piers to get here.  He still has his cough but it sounds better than it has.  It's not as deep as it was before.  It's a little more throaty but still sometimes sounds pretty bad.  He sounds like he's moving more of the junk that's been in his chest out and his nose has been pretty gross so hopefully it's getting out that way too.

I'm really hoping that we really are on the downhill side of this thing.  Aaron's really hoping that he feels a lot better to see his parents.  I'm hoping that too, but I really want him to be able to enjoy his first Christmas.  I know he won't really have a clue as to what's going on, but I'm still excited about it.  As I was wrapping gifts yesterday, Aaron and I were talking about next Christmas and how we will handle certain things that go along with Christmas in the future.  We know Michael's favorite gift this year will probably be the wrapping paper.  (He's starting to like to play peek'a'boo with his burp cloths.)  Next year he will have some comprehension of what's going on and will either really like the boxes his gifts come in or might actually play with the presents we give him.

As for our plans to go to Dallas, Aaron's going to try to take a few days off in January so we can make a trip out there.  Aaron can't wait to introduce Michael to the rest of his family and I think he was a little disappointed that's not happening this week.  To be honest, I'm a little disappointed too.  Plus we have a nephew we need to meet and start to spoil!!  I swear Levi has almost as many presents under our tree as Michael!!  We're just a little excited about both boys being here and having their first Christmas.

Gotta run clean house while I can!!

No comments: