Monday, December 29, 2008

Michael's First Christmas

Michael was feeling pretty much 100% by Christmas Day. The Piers got here around dinner time Christmas Eve and got to spend some time with Michael. Santa brought Michael a Glow Worm, some Baby Einstein movies and carrots. Michael obviously can't have candy yet, so he got carrots instead. At one point in time, we had Michael laying on his play mat and he was completely surrounded by presents. I guess we all went a little overboard about his first Christmas. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

Michael, as I said, is feeling much better. His fever broke completely either Tuesday or Wednesday last week. He's still getting his breathing treatments every 6 hours because he's still coughing. He's eating like he did before he got sick. Other than the cough, you'd never know he was sick. On the downside of all this, I caught it. Imagine the worst head and chest cold you've ever had and that begins to explain how badly you feel. Plus you run a pretty decent fever along with it. I started feeling bad Christmas Day, just as Michael was getting better. Thankfully Aaron took over the 3 a.m. treatments so I could get some extra sleep. He was still doing that one today don't know if he'll do it in the morning though. I am starting to feel better. I'm waiting on my fever to break and stay that way. My head is extremely full and am coughing quite a bit. Have you ever coughed really hard with a sinus headache? I wouldn't recomend it. It hurts REALLY bad.

I have found out that including Michael there are 4 or 5 children that have had RSV over the holiday. All of them can be traced back to the CDO. That's pretty sad in my book especially since I know how bad the kids feel. My partner in my classroom also has it and is feeling pretty lousy.
I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I feel like it. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

No comments: