Relief has come in many forms over the last week.
First, after many phone calls with my mother last Tuesday and realizing that I was still running a low grade fever, she gave me a choice. She told me that she was coming to get me and Michael and my choice was whether she was coming that night or early the next morning. Aaron and I ended up meeting my parents in Lamesa later that evening. Doing that allowed me some much needed rest to allow my body to heal from the infections. I still had to get up and pump at night, but Mom handled the feeding and diapering. By Friday, I felt like a new woman. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I was to be able to go to my parents' home and rest like that. I know not everyone is that lucky.
Our second bit of relief came Friday when I took Michael to the pediatrician for a weight check. We were excited to learn that he had gained a pound and a half over the last two weeks since his last visit. He has also been trying to give up his 3 a.m. feeding and we were given permission to let him sleep through that feeding IF he chose to skip it. If he wakes up wanting to be fed, then we still need to get up and feed him. I was very excited about the prospect of getting an almost full nights sleep. Of course Michael had different ideas. He has yet to skip that feeding since we were given permission to skip it. I have an idea of something I want to try to help him sleep. I'll let you know what it is and if it worked at a later posting.
Aaron and I are looking forward to this weekend and the next several weekends well into November. Red Raider football is here!! I don't know how many games I'm actually going to make it to, but am planning on at least the Alumni Day game and the UT game. Michael has TONS of Tech stuff that I can hardly wait to dress him in. (He has to grow into a lot of it first though.)
I have also made a few other decisions this week and weekend that will hopefully bring some relief to our lives. I'll fill everyone in on those at a later date if they all work as planned.
Keep your fingers crossed for us. We take Michael back to the pediatrician again Friday to have his weight checked. Hopefully he's still growing like a weed and we can keep demand feeding at night and not every 3 hours like before.
Gotta run get ready to feed the little guy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment