Yesterday Aaron and I celebrated our third anniversary. My mom was gracious enough to come and stay with Michael so Aaron and I could go out and have a real dinner. We haven't been out to dinner anywhere in over two months since I was placed on bed rest. It was incredibly nice to be able to go out somewhere and have a meal. Mom also took our first family picture together. She was also nice enough to have a "slumber party" with Michael so that Aaron and I could get somewhat of a good night's sleep. Aaron slept really well. I still had to get up and pump bottles for Michael. It was nice not having to deal with him crying though from midnight to 2.
It's hard to believe that three years have passed since we said "I do." Each year seems to get better and better. Now that we are parents, our few minutes that we get each day by ourselves are precious to us. It seems that we are more in love today than we were three years ago. I guess that's really how it's supposed to work. Each year you fall a little deeper in love with each other. Adding Michael to the mix just made our lives together a little sweeter.
On an update note, Michael went to the pediatrician again today. He's not gaining weight like the doctor would like him to. She wants us to add a fortifier to my breast milk since I'm pumping. Hopefully that'll add some weight to our little man. Other than the weight issue, she said everything else was great!! He's absolutely perfect!! Of course we had lots of questions for her, including asking about why he's wanting to stay up from midnight to 2 every night. Turns out we have a little touch of colic. There's not a lot we can do for it. She doesn't believe in Mylecon, but isn't against us giving it to him. She told us the best thing we can give him for it is ginger water. If we have another night like we did night before last, we will be giving that a try.
Michael's getting a little cranky, so I better go see if he's ok.
2 comments:
You and your little family are so cute!! I love the picture! I'm so happy for you guys! I will call tomorrow since things might have gotten back to "normal". Love you guys and so glad everyone is well and happy!
J
Love the pictures! I'm sorry Michael is colicky :-(
I guess I need to learn what that means. I'm so unprepared for this...
Post a Comment