Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sad Goodbye

The Moore family lost a valuable member earlier. We had to put Winter to sleep. For those of you who don't know who that is, it's the sheltie that has been part of our family for almost 16 years. Mom and Dad had spent the weekend here visiting with us, Michael, and Ashli. They returned home to find out that Winter hadn't eaten anything since Saturday. That told them that it was time. If you know my mother, this was a really hard decision. The only "good" thing is that Winter has been bad off for quite a long time now. I saw her last week while I was staying at Mom and Dad's. She was literally nothing but skin, bones, and fur. I'm wondering how Noel is going to cope without her buddy. This has all been very sad for my parents and I. I'm sure Ashli is sad too, but I haven't talked to her about it.

I need to see if I can get some sleep before little one decides he needs to be fed again.

No comments: