Michael is pretty well sleeping through the night. However, he has decided that from 12 am until about 2-2:30 am is chat time. He talks whether we talk back or not even if he's in his basinet with pacifier in mouth. I'm such a light sleeper that I hear every word he says. Last night I woke up at one point with my head on the side of his basinet and my hand still holding his pacifier. I'm sure that had to be quite the sight. He is starting to gain weight. His little face, to me, seems a little fatter and when you change his diaper you can tell that his skin isn't as loose as it was. I'll be interested to see how much he has gained when we go back to the pediatrician on Thursday.
I am slowly healing. I had my staples taken out last Monday. I had really dreaded having that done since I don't deal with pain. It wasn't all that bad. I had a few that pinched a little when they came out, but two or three out of thirty isn't bad. I'm no where near as sore as I was. I definitely get reminded ever so often that I've had surgery, but I'm getting around pretty normally now. Aaron told me yesterday that I'm not waddling any more when I walk. He also has gotten in the habit of telling me how skinny I'm looking. I've now lost around 20 pounds. I'm thinner now than before we got pregnant.
Parenthood for all the complaints I could come up with i.e. dirty diapers, lack of sleep, etc... is the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Looking into Michael's eyes while I'm giving him his bottle and having him talk to me or give me one of his little gas smiles is fabulous. It's amazing to me to look down at him and see little pieces of me and Aaron all put together in one little person. You can already start to see little personality traits of both of us. He sneezes like his momma. The whole 15 sneezes in a row thing like I used to do. He turns as red as a beet like his daddy when he's not happy about something. I keep thinking that one day I'm going to wake up and this is all going to be a dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment