Thursday, July 10, 2008

Doctor Update

Today's visit was sort of a roller coaster ride. Aaron and I were both a little apprehensinve about it. He was unable to go with me due to having a CLE that lasted all day. The last appointment he missed was when they started testing me for pre-eclampsia. I was blessed, though, to have Steph to take me. Thankfully nothing bad happened.

I got a little worried during my non-stress test when I saw the baby's heartbeat drop pretty dramtically. I sent Steph to get the nurse. Somehow, unbelievably, Michael had moved and the monitor was picking up my heartbeat instead of his. The nurse moved the monitor around and found his heartbeat again and on we went with the test. Michael is still doing great!! He had another growth spurt this week. I measured at 34 cm last week. Today I measured at 36 cm. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I had a feeling that we'd grown some more this week. I'm feeling pretty big this week and have started having some pain in my inner thigh that the doctor said was just from the two of us growing and stretching. My protein level came back a little higher this week than last, but the doctor didn't show any real concern about it. All my other labs are still completely normal :)

Next week will be a "fun" appointment. I get to get checked to see if any dialating or thinning has started. :( I'm actually wondering if any of that has started so it'll be good to know for sure. I go for another sonogram on the 21st, so we'll have more "pictures" to share then.

Steph is at the grocery store shopping for a few items for us, so I better try to get some rest while we have an empty house.

No comments: