Those were the words that Aaron and I heard at the doctor's office. My pre-eclampsia in the last week has gone completely our of control. My blood pressure is higher than its ever been and making me feel bad. The protein levels in my urine has more than doubled from last week. 300 is considered pre-eclapmsia level. Mine was well over 400 this week. It has never been over 300 because we thought we had caught it early enough to keep it under control. The good news, about me, right now is that my liver and kidney function labs are still looking good. That means that my blood pressure hasn't done any damage to either organ at this time.
Michael is still unaffected by all this fun. His heartbeat is still strong and reactive. He's still moving quite a bit. Sometime pre-eclampsia can affect the placenta and umbilical cord and cause issues with the baby. At this time, there is no evidence that he's being affected. The doctor felt of him yesterday and has guessed his weight at about 5.5 pounds. He's head down, face down which is the perfect position for delivery. If only he'll stay there until next week.
Here's the plan. Monday morning I'll go get all my labs done again. That afternoon we have an appointment with the perinatologist for a sonogram. After that appointment, we'll go see my OB to discuss the sonogram and labs and make a decision from there. The indication that both Aaron and I got yesterday is that he's more than likely going to induce next week. We both really thought he was going to send me on the hospital last night. I'm thinking if we didn't have the sonogram scheduled for Monday, we'd probably be at the hospital right now.
So, say lots of prayers that we make it through the weekend. My blood pressure didn't look great this morning and that's going to be what dictates when little one gets here. Every day that he stays inside gives him that much more of a chance of not ending up on a ventilator or in the NICU. I'm thinking I won't have a chance to update this after we know anything, so just keep an eye out to see if I post baby pics next week.
1 comment:
I don't know whether to be more worried or excited! No matter what the timing is, I just pray that whenever Michael enters the world, it will be a calm and healthy delivery for both mom and baby. Love you guys!
Post a Comment