Friday, June 6, 2008

Game Plan

So I have officially finished 3 almost 4 days of bedrest.

We saw the doctor briefly this morning to get lab paperwork from him. I also had to take in my blood pressure monitor to be sure that it is accurate. Thankfully it is. Dr. Libson looked at the blood pressure readings I've had for the week and didn't seem overly concerned. He did lay out what's going to be happening the next 10 weeks or so. I will be going in to see him every week instead of every other week. Before I see him, I have to go to the hospital to have blood drawn plus do a 24 hour urine test. The urine test is no big deal, but for those of you that know me a needles, the thought of having to be stuck every single week quite frankly sucks. We will see Dr. Libson next Thursday for a regular appointment where hopefully we will learn a little more. At this point, he hasn't mentioned anything about delivering early or anything like that. I'm sure most of that will depend on my blood pressure and lab work.

The biggest problem with pre-eclampsia is that it can effect your kidneys and liver. At this time, thankfully, neither of those are being effected. That's the reason for all the labwork. Every week both those organs will be checked.

Aaron is holding up rather well at this point. I really feel bad for him, but I have my "job" to do right now and that's to get baby Michael here safe and healthy. We both know God has a plan and are trying to focus on that rather than what all can go wrong at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It's like a play by play! You will have to do something funny like enter a journal of your day in bed listing what you did that day! I bet it would be funny! Call ya soon! I get paid on the 21st, that's when I planning on making it down your way! Jess

Eryn said...

I'm praying for you guys!

Stephanie Robertson said...

I love that you started a blog! I'm sure the bed rest is now REALLY old.