Everything went OK at my visit today. My blood pressure was good, I'm measuring where I should, Michael's heart beat is strong. In fact, my precious little one kicked the nurse three times while she was trying to get a heart beat. I said something about the gel being cold and he kicked her at the same time. Dr. Libson even got kicked while he was trying to measure me. I guess we have a bad habit already to break. Dr. Libson talked to us a little more about what pre-eclampsia is and how it can affect me. He also laid out another game plan.
We go see a perinatologist next week to see how Michael's doing. We will get to see him again!! YEAH!!
Next he sent me to the hospital to get the steroid shots that will help Michael's lungs mature a little quicker in case we have to deliver early. He's not anticipating that at this time, but wanted to be on the safe side in case we end up having to induce early. That was a little scary to me. It really brought us to reality that we really could be having the baby any time now. As long as my labs and blood pressure stay ok then it'll put off delivery, but if any of those get out of whack then there is the distinct possibility that he'll be here early.
More news when we get it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment