Here's my list.
I've learned:
- that you can unconditionally love someone that you've never met the moment you lay eyes on them.
- 3 a.m. feedings or breathing treatments aren't as bad as they're made out to be.
- that sometimes no matter what kind of diaper they have on, poop cannot be contained.
- spit up can get places that you never imagined.
- that nothing can replace what my gut instinct says.
- to fight whoever for my baby and what my gut tells me. (I proved a nurse practioner wrong)
- you never worry over someone like you do your child.
- the dishwasher is my best friend when it comes to washing bottles.
- that it's ok if you do or don't breastfeed. You're baby will be alright no matter what you choose.
- that pack of diapers never lasts as long as you think it will.
- Diaper Genies are all they're cracked up to be. Now if they emptied themselves, that would be something.
- that it's amazing how much formula/baby food you can go through in one week.
- no matter how tired you are or how bad you feel that laugh or smile will make your day and make being up all night worth it.
- being a mommy is very stressful. There are more possibly life altering decisions that you have to make that will impact your child's life forever. I keep wondering how I got this much responsibility and why I was trusted with it.
- that a crib rail is a great teething ring or so Michael thinks.
- that the cute, soft, fluffy changing table cover is not good for newborns.
- I am the mommy. Nothing can change that and what I believe is right my child is ok. If no one else agrees with me, who cares.
- going on a date with my husband is a precious thing even if all we talk about is Michael.
- finding a babysitter isn't as easy as I thought it would be especially one you can trust.
- going to the grocery store is a lot more complex than before. The baggers have a whole new meaning to me now.
- making a lemon merengue pie is not that easy with a screaming baby in the room.
I know this list is far from complete, but at the moment it's all I can think of. I could probably go on forever on all the things I've learned the last year. The bottom line is that my life has drastically changed for the better. Things are definitely harder at times, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment