Monday, June 22, 2009

11 months

Wow!! Michael is eleven months old today. I can't believe in one very short month he will be a year old. Yes, I'm deep into planning his first ever birthday party. There are so many things to do before he's one. We've got to get him a new carseat since he will be able to use a front facing seat. YEAH!! Plus just getting ready for the party.

This month has been rather uneventful too. Michael is growing like a weed. I can't wait for his year well baby check up to see just how much he's grown. He has started cruising. He loves to walk to lengths of our couch, coffee table and the inside of his play yard. He still prefers to crawl to get places, but is learning that he can get places walking. He has stood a few times without any help a few times for a few seconds at a time. If he ever gets his balance, he'll be off and walking in no time. I really believe that it'll happen before his first birthday.

Michael uttered what I'm going to believe is his first official words this morning. He's been saying mama, dada, and nana pretty indiscriminately for a while now. This morning, however, I walked into his room to get him out of bed, he looked up at me, sat up and said "Ah, Mama." My heart absolutely melted. No, I did not cry, but I have never heard sweeter words said. He jabbers at us all the time. I guess he's going to be quite a talker. I don't know where he got that from. :) He has also started letting us know what he wants by pointing at it. He points at his juice cup, the ipod, the back door, etc... He really loves the ipod. He loves listening to music. He listens and dances when a song strikes him. He claps and gets excited when it's one of his favorites. He does this, too, when the Prius commercial comes on. He dances, claps, and stops everything he's doing to watch the commercial. I think he likes it so much because of the bright colors and music.

I can't believe that in one month I'll be looking over the last year of Michael's life. His first year of life. Wow!! It's rather crazy to think about.

No comments: