Friday, June 12, 2009

VBS Week

Many of you got to hear me complain about how much work was going on leading up to this week. I felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants. Most of the time I had no idea what I was doing. For as unept as I felt, the week went off without a hitch.

I had five classrooms that by the grace of God were all fully staffed. We averaged about 17 kids per classroom. That's around 100 four year olds all week. We even had one little boy that had Down's syndrome. About mid-week I was told that we had the most "interesting" hall of all the age groups there. We had several behavior issues ranging from someone spitting in someone else's face to one kid punching another in the stomach. We had one throw up which set pace for many for throw ups to come. (Gotta love how fast a stomach bug can make its rounds.) We also had a lot of fun.

Yesterday the 3rd through 6th graders had their decision service. We had 51 kiddos come to know Christ this week. That alone made the week worth it.

I have never worked a VBS of this size and was very overwhelmed through most of it. As of yesterday, we had almost 1050 kids registered. To me that was unbelievable!! I talked to my mom and dad about it and they were a little shocked too.

I was blessed with amazing workers that helped the week go by sooooooo smoothely. I've prominsed them all that if I work again next year, it'll be MUCH better. And yes, I've already been asked to do it again next year because they thought I did such a fabulous job this year. I think that's a compliment.

I'm sorry if this post is a little disjointed. I've got about a million things going through my head right now, plus am nursing a headache. I'm also a little on the tired side.

No comments: