I just finished reading Steph's blog talking about all the milestones and how not to wish them away. She talks about dreading her baby not being a "baby" anymore but a toddler. I am looking toddlerdom straight in the face and it's quite bittersweet.
It's hard to believe that a year ago today I was still pregnant and had just typed up my "Days...Not Weeks" blog. It was a year ago today that I found out that we'd be delivering sometime within the next week. Some days it's hard to believe that a year has gone by and others it's hard to think that ONLY a year has gone by. Michael has fit into our lives so nicely that it's hard to think about what life was like before he got here.
There are those days that I miss him being still and knowing that if I put him in one place he'll be in that same place when I come back, but I love watching him crawl all over the place and discovering things on his own. There are many days where I'm ready for him to walk so I don't have to carry him anymore, but once that happens all the few cuddles that I do get now will be long gone.
I look forward to what the next year will bring for us as a family and Michael on his own. I've loved every stage of his development. I love watching him learn and discover new things. He's really developing his own personality and attitude and, boy, do we have attitude. His favorite thing right now is to shake his head no at us. There'll be more milestone talk in next week's blog after we go to the doctor on Wednesday.
Wow!! I'm still in disbelief that a whole year has gone by and that my baby boy will be one next week. Where did the time go?
1 comment:
I can't believe Michael is almost a year! Sagen is excited about his party. I want to see some new pictures of him! Put some on your blog!
Post a Comment