Over these ten years I've learned a lot. Here are some of those things:
- I'm a stronger person than I ever could have imagined.
- God had/has a purpose for me.
- My mom isn't the enemy. She can be my friend, if not one of my closest friends. I remember the night before she had to leave Altus and how we cried along with Brenda DeBusk. We were sitting at Sonic and the three of us just lost it. They didn't want to leave me there alone and I didn't want to be left alone. We all knew it had to happen though because I had a degree to finish. I think our relationship made a turn then. We still have our ups and downs but I know that no matter what I can always, always count on her.
- That you can fall in love again.
- There was a Prince Charming waiting just for me. Ok so maybe Aaron wasn't "waiting" on me. Looking back, though, there was definitely a path that led me to Jess and Adam which in turn led to Aaron. Without some of the experiences I had as a single person, I would have never met Aaron. By the way, I have been with Aaron over seven of these ten years.
- Who your truest friends are.
- That I can pull my self up by my bootstraps and move on.
- That it's ok to admit you made a mistake even a big one. I also learned that as a parent you need to tell your children that it's ok to admit that they made a mistake and that you love them in spite of that mistake. (Thanks Mom and Dad!!)
- That making friends is easy. Making life long friends is hard.
- That it's ok to let go of "toxic" people and not think about it again. (Thanks Erin!!)
- How to truly love and be loved. Don't get me wrong Aaron and my marriage is far from perfect. We do have our own issues. Any couple that claims not to have issues is either lying or in severe denial. We are happy and in love. I know that no matter the disagreement that he and I have, he still loves me at the end of the day. I always know that when no one else has my back, he does. He is definitely my biggest cheerleader.
- That even though you might stumble what you're stumbling over may not be a stumbling block but actually a stepping stone to something bigger and better.
1 comment:
You learned some awesome things :)
Post a Comment