Monday, June 20, 2011

TWINS!!

I know I promised to update my blog a lot more often, but things have been extremely crazy.

We found out in February that I was pregnant.  Two weeks or so after that, we found out we were having twins!!  In May, we found out that both our twins are little girls.  Needless to say, we've been a little overwhelmed with all the news.

I am now almost 22 weeks pregnant with our girlies.  They are moving all over the place which is a little weird.  Most of the time I can tell which one is kicking where since I know which side of my belly each girl is on. They're still a little eradic so Aaron and Michael have not gotten to feel anything yet.  I can't wait for them to "kick" Michael and see what his reaction will be.

This pregnancy has brought about a whole new set of worries. I get incredibly anxious before each sonogram that they'll find something wrong with one of the girls or that one of them just randomly won't have a heartbeat anymore.  I've talked to other friends that have had a miscarriage before a healthy pregnancy and this seems to be something they've all gone through too.  I think a lot more about what will happen if I do deliver early because the chances are much higher.  My doctor has already told me that he won't let me go past 38 weeks (October 12th for those that want to know) so I know they'll be here at least two weeks early.  The national average for twin deliveries is 35 weeks.  I'm hoping and praying that I'll go as long as I can to give these babies a fighting chance.  The good news is that I'm getting very close to the time that they can be viable out of the womb is something tragic were to happen.

The good news so far is that everything looks great.  My blood pressure, which was a MAJOR issue with Michael, has been lower than what my normal is.  I am swelling, but without the blood pressure issues and protein in my urine, the doctors say there is nothing to worry about.  Besides, what pregnant woman wouldn't swell in 100+ heat??  I'm still working full time and my doctors have no plans in the near future of this changing.  Thankfully, other than being a high risk pregnancy because of twins, things have been rather uneventful.  I'm not naive and know that this could change at anytime.  I just keep praying that things keep going as smoothly as they are now.

1 comment:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Congrats! I'm glad things are going so well!