Monday, January 17, 2011

Goals

Every year I try to make a resolution for the upcoming year.  I always seem to fail.  I think it's because of the daunting word "resolution."  I think it's also because I set the bar high, not that that's a bad thing, and I put a lot of pressure on myself to make them work.

This year I decided that I set goals that I'd like to see done by the end of the year.  Nothing to lofty, just things that I know I need to do.  I'm trying to be realistic with them and I'm trying to keep them doable.

Here they are:
  • Finish painting the house.  Aaron will love this one!!  We're not even half-way finished.  My goal before warm weather is the hall by Michael's bedroom and our bedroom and bathroom.  Not too much you might think, however, not only do the walls need to be done, but so do the ceilings.  The walls are easy.  The ceilings, not so much.
  • To get to a healthy weight.  Notice I didn't set a number.  I know this is really vague.  I did this because my idea of healthy, Weight Watcher's idea of healthy and my doctor's idea of healthy are three different things.  I'll probably go somewhere between my idea and Weight Watchers.  My doctor's is HIGHLY unrealistic.  I didn't weigh what he wants me to weigh at 18 when I was dancing three days a week and working at Thriftway.  He's nuts if he thinks I'll weigh that at 32.
  • To start updating my blog more often.  I've got a lot of good ideas for on here.  I just need to make the time.  My body made the time today by coming down with a horrible, horrible cold.
I wish these were Earth shattering or big idea changing things.  I need to work on me before I can work on anyone or anything else.  The biggest and most important to me is the second one.  I really need to get healthy and set a better example for my son.  He needs to see Mommy as a good example of eating right and healthy versus someone who is extremely overweight and not as healthy as I could be.

No comments: