Yesterday was the first time in a good while that I'd updated this blog. Practically all I did on that post was complain about 2010. 2010 was still bad and there's no way to change that. I did have a lot of blessings in 2010 along with the bad. It's just sometimes hard to see the good for the bad. However, right after I wrote it, God gave me some perspective.
After I got finished writing, I went and looked at a high school classmate's blog about his two precious little girls. (I believe his wife does all the writing. I want to be sure that I give credit to the right person.) I got nosy and looked at few blogs that they have posted as some of their favorites. I stumbled onto his wife's blog where she shares things in her life and not just about the kids. I realized that, even though they didn't have the deaths we did, they were going through a lot of the same things Aaron and I were. It was what I needed at that time to quit my pity party. Don't get me wrong, my heart still hurts and aches from the losses of the year. I just learned that there are a lot of people out there going through the same things as me and some that have it much worse.
There are a lot of times when I get so wrapped up in what's going on in my own life that I forget about the big picture. I was reminded that God's timing is perfect and that He has His reasons for the things that happen in our lives. I know He gave us free will, but I still believe that things happen when they do because He has His hands on things. I was reminded that anything I do in the New Year I need to do prayerfully and seek His guidance. I learned that I need to go back to the basics of my belief system and hit my knees a little more often. I can remember back in the youth group at FBC we would say that if you're not on your knees, God will put you there somehow. I guess this year was to put me back on my knees.
I constantly have to remind myself about the verse in Jeremiah " I know the plans I have made for you..." I know He has plans for my little family in 2011. I'm excited to see what they are and what the New Year will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment