Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blessings Abound

Over the last few days, I've found out just how blessed my life is. I have amazing friends that I know are praying for me. God has given me a peace about the whole situation that I know I wouldn't have if it weren't for all the prayers that I've said and others have said for me.

My test yesterday came back completely negative. That means that, yes, the baby is gone, but that there's no ectopic pregnancty. That's another small blessing. I will not have to undergo any other procedure or surgery. I am very glad for this. My body, and mind for that matter, need rest and healing. I'm thankful to have that lifted off my shoulders. Now I just have to wait for the bleeding to stop and the healing of my heart to start. I have faith that it'll get easier.

I also got a call this morning that I did not get the case manager position at Buckner's Children's Home in Lubbock. Why is this a blessing? They want to talk to me about another position AND they're coming to check on a few homes in Midland so I won't have to go to Lubbock just to interview. The new position is for a foster home developer. In this position, I'll be responsible for the actual foster home. I will check on homes to make sure they are compliant with the rules and that are no problems with the foster parent. I won't have that much responsiblity over the kids unless there is an issue that arises from the foster parent or home. I will participate in and basically put on the PRIDE program. This is a program that is required, by my understanding, by CPS to become an adoptive parent and/or a foster parent. I don't know about the on-call situation with it as much as I was with the case manager position.

I guess over the last few days that I've truly learned that God doesn't close a door without opening another door or even a window. My body is well on its way to recovery and I know my heart will be soon. I've seen what the power of prayer can do for a person...again. I've had another opportunity for a career show itself. Wow!! I truly do serve an awesome God!!

No comments: