My sweet little baby boy has turned into a stubborn, mind of his own, toddler. God will definitely have to give me patience and peace.
He has officially started having temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. The other day I told him he couldn't have our home phone so he literally head butted our end table, looked at me and screamed. His head was fine, didn't even have a mark on him. Then while we were eating dinner I went to give him a bite and he out right told me no. I was shocked!!
I keep hoping that the attitude it due to him getting so many teeth right now, but it seems to be persisting. I don't really know what to do with one so young and so much attitude. I'm currently reading "Bringing Up Boys" and have "The Strong Willed Child" waiting in the wings. Both books if you're interested are by Dr. James Dobson. Hopefully they will give me some insight. I've also talked to both grandmothers about it to see how to handle the situation. It seems that I'm pretty much doing the right thing, but man is it hard. My mom, by the way, thinks it's quite hilarious. She says I'm paying for my raising. Guess I was more of a drama queen than I thought I was.
Anyway, I'll take any tips anyone has about getting through the ever so fun toddler years. I keep thinking that it only gets harder from here and that we're royally screwed if that happens. Hopefully it'll get better once I learn some different discipline techniques and Michael understands what we're telling him.
1 comment:
I think you will find what works for Michael. With Sagen spankens don't work at all...time out is the trick with her. I hate to warn you though...it does get worse! Last night Sagen stuck out her hand and told us to just be quiet we were giving her a headache! I told her that wasn't nice and to not say that and she replied with "yall say that to me!" What do you do?! haha
Post a Comment