As most of you know, last Wednesday I had my gall bladder removed. Believe it or not the incisions hurt nothing like my right arm where I had my IV. Even now it still hurts and I still don't have full range of motion back in it. I'm a little perturbed with my nurses because Aaron and I both pointed out to them that my arm was swollen and hurting. They all told me not to worry. Well it's been a week and the stupid thing still hurts all the way up my arm into my arm pit. I'm sorry that's not normal and yes it does worry me a little. I also found out I'm allergic to the tape they use when they bandage you up. I have blisters that formed from the tape. The blisters look worse than my incisions. I guess I'll have to start telling them that I'm allergic to tape when they ask about drug allergies. However, my dad has the same problem and they've still used that tape on him even though they know he's allergic. Those spots itch and have also bothered me more than my incisions.
The hardest part of this whole process has been that I can't pick Michael up. As a mother, when your baby cries you go to them, pick them up, and try to soothe them. Well I have to get my mother to pick him up and hand him to me before the soothing can begin. THAT REALLY SUCKS!! Hopefully Friday my surgeon will release me and I can go back to being Mommy again. The worst part of the surgery was being away from him for 3 days. I cried when Aaron left with him Tuesday afternoon and again just about everytime I talked to my mother after that. I even cried when they finally got to my house Friday morning last week. I never knew that you could miss someone so incredibly much.
I also had a new feeling. I've had several surgeries in the past and never really worried about the outcome. If I died during surgery, I knew I'd be missed, maybe, but I really wouldn't be leaving anyone behind. (My last major surgery before my C-Section was in 2001 long before I met Aaron.) It was SO different this time. I'm a mommy and had a hard time with my surgery. I cried at the thought of leaving Michael behind without his mommy. I know Aaron would do a fantastic job with him, but children need their mommy. There are just some things that a mommy can do that no one else can. I can't tell you how many times I've thanked God for getting me through everything and making my recovery pretty easy.
I've got some really cute pictures of Michael in his pumpkin costume that I'll post later. He was just too precious in his costume, but he was sure to let us know how much he hated being in it. They made his costume for a cold Halloween night and here is was almost 80 degrees during the day.
I'll post again later after we see the doctor to let everyone know how I'm healing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment