Wow!! Can't believe I haven't posted anything in two months. Sorry!! It's been a crazy two months!!
September was filled with work, football and vacation. I am working again at our church's Children's Day Out program in the nursery. Our babies are too cute!! We have 8 now that range in age from 3 months to 7 months. We have two that are pretty much crawling, four that will be very soon, and two that will be learning to roll over before we know it. It's constantly crazy in there, but a lot of fun too. I'm glad I get to share that time with my special friend Alli.
Tech football season has started and kept us VERY busy. I've had to miss two games this season due to Michael and I being sick. I'm going to miss tomorrow night's game too so that I can take Michael trick or treating. Some things are just too important to miss!!
Aaron and I went on a cruise at the end of the month. It was a much needed vacation. We haven't been anywhere in 3 1/2 years so we felt it was about time. We got completely relaxed, ate some great food, met some really neat people, and saw some beautiful places. I was shocked that I didn't get sea sick and was able to completely enjoy myself. The trip was wonderful and I have too many stories to tell in my little blog. One quick one though. Aaron and I were at dinner on Tuesday night of the cruise and he gets a text from my mom letting us know that Michael is walking. That's right!! My little baby boy started walking while Mommy and Daddy were in the middle of the Carribean Sea.
Michael is all over the place now. I thought he was busy crawling, but I was wrong. Walking brings out a whole new level of safety that you never thought of before. He's discovered that he likes to try and walk with his head covered and he can't see. He loves the freedom walking has given him. He's able to keep up with his friends Cooper and McKenzie a little better. He's really happy that McKenzie doesn't treat him like a baby so much anymore. Alli and I were shocked the first time he walked up to McKenzie and we found that he's almost as tall as she is. By the way, McKenzie is 10 months older than Michael so that's why we were so shocked. He's learning so much now. We've taught him the difference between hot and cold, to wave bye-bye (he even says it some), to blow kisses (these are usually reserved for Mommy and Daddy only), and his vocabulary has exploded. He still says mama, dada, and nana, but has added ball, sit, stay, up, bye-bye, juice, hot, and I'm sure I'm leaving several out. He has learned to work his shape puzzle. He knows where the shapes go, but still lacks that fine motor skills to properly place them in the puzzle without a little help. He's trying really hard to master the art of feeding himself with a spoon or fork. We're still working on it and hopefully will have it down soon.
Well that brings everyone up to speed on all that Pier household has been up to the last couple of months. Our world has literally been revolving around Michael, work and football. We are looking forward to the holidays, Levi's first birthday, and seeing Aunt Ashli and Uncle Paul. We haven't seen Uncle Paul since last year and Aunt Ash since July. I guess we haven't seen Aunt Steph, Uncle Jarrod, or Levi since July either. I can't wait to get those two boys together again and see how much they've changed and how well they play together. We've got a busy couple of months ahead of us but as you can see we are looking forward to every minute of it.
Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!!
No comments:
Post a Comment