Tuesday, May 26, 2009

10 Months

I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Last Friday, Mr. Michael turned 10 months old. He spent it being incredibly fussy and driving to New Braunfels to see Granny, Grandaddy and Uncle Punk. It was his first trip to their house and quite possibly his last. We're so excited that they're moving to San Angelo!! We will be about two hours from each set of grandparents which will be wonderful. Aaron and I looked at each other as we went through San Angelo and thought how we could already be there instead of not even half way at that point.

This last month has, thankfully, been uneventful. The biggest milestone he met was getting his first tooth. He is working on his second which is why he was so fussy on Friday. He's also got one of his top teeth that is trying to come down and start pushing through. I'm a little sad about this because he will soon lose all the baby look and really start looking like a toddler.

I got to have my first official Mother's Day this month. It was like a dream come true!! We spent that weekend at the lake with my parents. It was Michael's first trip to the lake. Grand B thought he needed a fishing pole. I wish everyone could've seen him with that pole!! He was so proud of it. The thing was bigger than he is but he didn't care. He took it by the pole part and would crawl all over the house with it. When you'd go to take it away from him, what a fit he would throw. Michael rarely throws fits, especially over toys, so this was something new. I'm glad that's all we're having fits about.

Michael's still trying real hard to start taking steps. He has a new toy that rolls and he'll take three or four steps at a time holding on to it. He starting more and more to get his balance when he's standing. You can also see him really wondering how to get between two places when he's standing between them. He's also getting braver and reaching and trying to get to those things.

Today was our last day of Children's Day Out for the school year. The church does have a summer term that we'll start in 3 weeks. He had his first end of year program today. He didn't do anything but sit and look cute in a stroller, but hey, it was still his first. He also will get to go to his very first VBS in two weeks. Say a little prayer for me that I make it out alive. I was informed last week that I still didn't have enough workers due to not enough youth signing up to work. Slowly but surely, however, I'm finding people that will help.

I promise I'll try to update this a little sooner. Things have been crazy around here!! We've also been busy, busy little bees!!

No comments: