Today Michael is 8 months old. It's unbelievable to me how quickly these 8 months have gone by. It totally amazes me at how much he's learned, how much he's changed, and how much he's grown over these months. As I sat down to write this, I glanced up at the clock and realized that 8 months ago at this time they were getting ready to wheel me back for my C-Section. I also wonder if I'll always remember what was going on at those exact times.
Over the last 8 months, I've learned that you can love someone that you've never met. One of my closest friends told me how amazing it is just how much you can love your little one. It truly is amazing. I never knew how much my parents loved me until I had Michael. I don't think I've ever worried over someone so much or been so excited over the smallest of things. My heart swells everytime I look at him asleep on my chest. There are still times that I look at him and want to cry because I know how lucky I am to be Michael's mommy. I went from being told that I may never have children to having a wonderful little boy. There are days that I still look at him and am in awe that he really is mine and that Aaron and I made him.
I love to see the curiosity in his eyes. I love to see how proud he is of himself when he's figured out how to do something on his own. Most recently he's learned to crawl and sit up by himself from laying on the floor. I love the way his eyes light up whenever Aaron or I walk into a room and then he flashes us one of his famous smiles. I love the way his eyes change colors with what he has on. I love to look at him and know that there is someone else in the world that looks like me and is part of me. I hate to admit it, but I love the way he laughs at me when I tell him no. He's already trying to be manipulative and honestly it's really hard not to laugh with him. I love that laugh of his. I swear there is no sweeter sound on the face of the earth. I love the way that sometimes no one else will do but me. I love the way that I can do things for him that no one else can do. Most of all I just love being his mommy.
2 comments:
I cannot believe that he is that old! Time sure does fly!
He is so handsome!! Thank you so much!! I will probably be asking tons of questions!!
Post a Comment