Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Dedication Service




Last night was Michael's baby dedication service at church. I am very proud of myself for getting through it without shedding a single tear. It was very difficult though. As we stood in line waiting for our "parade" as one big brother in line ahead of us kept calling it, I couldn't help but think of all we'd been through trying to get Michael here and how I could see God's hand on every part of it.

After we got in the sancturary and seated, a little girl came up and sang a song title "Before My Birthday." I couldn't really listen to the song or read the words as they came up on the screens. The song moved me to tears. It talked about how God knew Michael before he was ever born and called him by name. It talked about how God knew/knows the moment/second that Michael came into being. It even went on to say how God knows what's ahead and has His hand on every part of Michael's life. It really tool all I had not to cry. Even now talking about it again has just about brought me to tears.

They had us stand up and testify as parents that we will raise our children knowing God and who He is. That we will bring them to church and help them on their walks with Christ. The preacher talked about how precious the day will be when each of our children come to know Christ as their one true Savior. How I pray for Michael on a daily basis for that precious, precious day. Aaron and I have already committed to raising Michael in a Christian home and with Christian values and beliefs.

They ended our part of the service by introducing each of the families to the church. We went and had our picture taken with Dr. Dyer. I was presented with a white rose and Aaron got Parents' Answer Book by Dr. James Dobson.

It was an incredible evening for us as a family. I am so grateful that my parents and my aunt Judy were able to attend. Our friends Amber and Daryll also were able to be there with us. It's been an amazing 6 months watching our little guy grow. I can hardly wait to see what all God has planned for him.

No comments: