Saturday, February 28, 2009

Long Time

Wow it's been a while since I've posted anything. We've been pretty busy in the Pier household.

I guess our biggest news since I wrote last is that Aaron has gotten a new job. His last day at the DA's office was Tuesday this week. He'll start his new job on Monday. His excited and a lot nervous. They've already given him several projects to start on. His glad he's getting in and jumping in with both feet. I'd love to tell you the name of the firm that he's going to be working at, but for the life of me I never can remember all four names in it. I hope that doesn't make me a bad wife!!

We've all three had a stomach bug that's making it's way around Midland right now. Michael seems to be having the hardest time shaking it. He's still having some problems and not wanting to eat however his appetite is starting to come back. Aaron took him to the pediatrician Thursday. They wanted to know if we'd been out of the country recently because it sounds like he could have a paracite. Fabulous!! When he told him we hadn't been anywhere, they decided that he might still be fighting off the bug. He's on probiotics for a week. If he's not any better next week, then I have to take him and a dirty diaper to the doctor to have some tests ran. He also hasn't gained any weight in the last month since his well baby visit. This was concerning too. They want to put him on a higher fat diet, but they don't make them for 7 month olds. So we're back to trying to get him to eat higher amounts of formula and getting him to eat as much baby food as we can. The good news in all this is that over the last two days his appetite seems to be coming back and he's been taking in more formula. Hopefully we'll be getting some weight on that child.

I've just been busy with Michael and working at Children's Day Out. I was asked this week to be one of our VBS directors at church. I will be the director of the 4 year old division. Most of my work will be behind the scenes in these few months leading up to June. The week of my job will be mainly a coordinator and making sure things go smoothly. The hardest part will be finding enough teachers to fill all the spots. I'm really excited about this. This is the first real resposibility I've been given at the church. I'm praying that I do a good job and don't disappoint anyone. By the way, they expect around 125 four year olds at VBS this summer!!

That's our latest update. Hope everyone is doing fabulously!!

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Whoa, 125 four year olds, sounds like fun! Hope Michael continues to feel better!